Saturday, October 17, 2015

October 17, 2015

New Hampshire had it's OLD MAN OF THE MOUNTAIN, which is no longer, due to the rock formation became dislodged, after years of maintaining by the state.  A most popular tourist attraction.  The last picture, from Wikipedia, was taken about a week before it collapsed.

Well. Cumming has it's own rock formation and I call it Chief Sawnee.  It is atop of Sawnee Mountain and can be reached by hiking up trails at the Sawnee Mountain Preserve on Stop Road or from a trailhead on Tribble-Gap Road.

I included an annotated copy to point out what I see in the picture.  A view from the top and a picture of the three seats (the third seat is not in view to the  right).



 Do you see what I see???







1 comment:

  1. It's no old man of the mountain, that's for sure! I like the picture of it from the top, that looks like some animal creeping along... very cool.

    ReplyDelete